Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 3, stage one

Well, today I woke up with the resolution that I would not overindulge in coconut concentrate :) I did sleep in. Though I did remind Jack to eat some soup and to take some. He did today. I am looking forward to him coming home and reporting if it helped. I was not too happy that Jack had left the soup on the stove and didn't put it away. It was cold and had been out for 3 hours and I didn't feel so good about it. Huck got it. I am hoping with the bones and such that Huck is getting that he will be back to being a happier dog like he was when we were on GAPs before. I can hope, right? Today the girls were totally not wanting to get up. I felt pretty crappy too and my stomach was still rolling. I got us up and moving though and figured if we were all feeling this bad than maybe it would be a good idea to get some more carbs in our body. So I made some butternut squash soup with the turkey stock. It looked amazing. Everyone thought it was amazing. So that raised our spirits and made it easier to get going. Again they did really well in homeschool. I am amazed at how well really. They have been focusing and really getting work done. Which makes it much easier on me. I have been trying to be better at organizing my time also. Gwendy at first, when she woke up, did not want to eat soup at all. The reason for our sweet soup. It was only two small squashes in a big pot of stock, but it was enough. We also had something very exciting happen. Our fermented fish oil got here!!! We had tried the orange and it was really hard to take. This time we got the cinnamon and Layla was the first one to try it. We had some kombucha to chase it with if needed. She had it and said that it was really good. Then Gwendy tried it and was so happy with it. Usually she is the worst in taking it. Then Natalie had it and then myself. It really is good. Really good. It does have stevia in it, which isn't legal, but I have to say that sometimes you need to make compromises. I think the fclo is important and if I can get my kids and myself to be excited about taking it. Well, we will go for it. I added some peas into the soup for lunch. It was so good, really good. Later in the day Gwendy asked me if she could have some more fish oil. That is the true test. I'm really happy about it. It is a beautiful day with record high temperatures today. So after the girls finished school and a few breaks during school, they have been outside playing. It is wonderful out there and it is hard to believe that it is January!! I am so not going to complain though. I'm sure it will turn cold on us soon. The girls had issues about mid day complete with screaming and hurting each other. Gwendy mostly has been having issues with being mean. We settled it though it took awhile. The girls ended up watching John Adams, they have a thing for early America. Jack built a window for the chickens. Oddly as I type this I am finding that my stomach is kinda upset. I don't know what it is. I will have to see if it passes. Just something to note. I am keeping this open during the day so I can record things and so maybe I keep up with it. We had dinner, beef soup with carrots and chard. Gwendy is not happy. My stomach feels better now. I think she is tired. Realized after talking to all the girls that no one has pooped, so I am going to give them some magnesium before bed. Hopefully they poop in the morning. We are also starting some tea to brew some buchy. summary Me: Morning kicked my ass. I was not doing well, but I had to pull it all together or else we would all still be in bed right now. Did better on the coconut, didn't have much at all. Felt not so impatient but cravings are so there. Oddly, it isn't so much stuff that isn't gaps legal, I want a hamburger, nuts, nut butter, some coconut baked goods, and fat, butter, cocoa butter with a little bit of honey. So maybe it is a good thing that my cravings are gaps. I will get there soon Jack: Much better energy, started with breakfast and remembered food. Craved colors and fruit. Natalie: better, not really wanting to eat stock, and not liking mushy veggies. Good day, good energy. woke up nauseous and not hungry. Squash helped but still didn't sound good. Natalie says that she has been energetic but just mad for some reason. Layla agrees to this feeling. Layla: Woke up feeling nauseous, not wanting soup, wanting raw veggies and meat. Mushy isn't sounding good. Craving sweets. so so on energy. I'm okay on patience. Gwendy: having lots of issues with being nice today. She did fine on soup and ate a good bit since it was sweeter. Wanted stuff that we can't have on gaps. Not wanting soup. I want avocados. good energy, don't have any patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment